Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Imagine" the Possibilities


I was at the far end of North Main street the other day (across the street from the Hyatt) when I noticed a store called Imagine Boutique that I had never seen before. When I walked in, the vibe was a little weird and I wasn't blown away by the clothes; although, it looks like you would be able to find some cute "going out" tops and dresses in there. But the real "find" came when got to their accessories. They had these really great colored glass bracelets that I have started to see in magazines and other boutiques for $20 and up. Imagine had the same bracelets for $3 a piece...$3!! I walked away with blue, green, and orange and have been wearing at least one of them with just about anything. I also snagged a really cool glass ring for $6! They also had some really unique leather bags at very affordable prices and these really cool fabric clutches that are made by a local designer in town. Each one was different and would make a great addition to any bag collection.
Finding this place has made me wonder what else lies beyond the typical Augusta Road/West End shopping scene in terms of clothes and accessories. I also love that I found an inexpensive way to ad some pop to my old outfits. Just goes to show that sometimes price is not the best indicator of quality.
So what lesson should we take away from this? Look for hidden gems in unexpected places, I think once you decide to branch out you will be pleasantly surprised by what you find. Until next time.

xoxo
Shop Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment