Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Shop Girl and the Oysters

I promised this wouldn't be some ridiculously shallow blog about where to find the best maxi dress on sale. So here is a very very brief bio for now. I am not from Greenville, I would say where I was originally from, but on the off chance anyone is reading this, I don't want to give too much away. I got married almost 2 years ago to a man whose family lives not far from here. I am a little homesick, being an only child, and having a very strong sense of where I am from...and more so a very strong need to be near people who have known me for more than 3 years.
I am also an incredible homebody. I love my friends and love being around them...but it would suit me just fine for them to come hang out at my house rather than go out. I guess I am at the age that I just want to hang out with my friends and don't need to go bar hopping to have a good time.
I don't know where I am going with this awful post...I guess the thing is...I got married. I got married because I was so in love with the person I was with that I wanted to be around him all the time. But 2 years into this marriage...I have to beg him to come out with me...and even when I beg 95% of the time he doesn't come. And when he does come somewhere with me he makes me feel like he is doing me some big favor by being there. It was a friends 30th bday, I wanted to go for 1 drink and leave and he wouldn't come. Am I being a brat for feeling like if I wanted to go places alone, I would have stayed single? And if he asks me to do something I dont want to do and I say no...he wont speak to me.
So there is a little insight into my life...now you see why retail therapy is an absolute reality for me, which brings me to Oysters on the West End. If you aren't looking for it you will walk right by it. But on Thursday nights it is a hidden jewel in an already studded West End. Affordable beers, outdoor patio (covered and uncovered), and the coup de gras...karaoke every Thursday. One beer and a wink from Mark, the best bartender in town, and you will feel right at home. All this...and the food isn't bad either. Just stay clear of "Mean Eddie", a hateful local who hangs out at the bar by himself. Just believe me when I say you'll know him when you meet him. Thanks for listening. Even Shop Girl needs to vent from time to time.

xoxo
Shop Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment