Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Love Your Economy

I'm not sure if you've heard or not, but the economy sucks right now. One of the greatest things about my job is that I get to call on all kinds of local businesses. Too bad for me, they are all struggling for money and are reluctant to buy anything from me. Lucky for them, I am a sucker for a deal and this economy is tempting me in every way possible. Gone are the days of waiting for One Day Sales and lining up at midnight the Friday after Thanksgiving for the all important "Door Buster" sale. These days, every day is Black Friday...or an attempt at one any way. On my journey from one business to another I have found "buy one get one free" deals. 75% off "in season merchandise" and so many more. Visiting all of these businesses has changed something about how I shop. I used to be all about the bigger chains when it came to shopping for just about anything: clothes, gifts, even alcohol. Even if there is not an amazing deal going on I think most people will find that your local businesses offer a much higher level of service which makes parting with hard earned money a little easier. And just think...the more we help our local small business owners the faster we get ourselves out of this mess. Shop Local, friends...everyone wins.

xoxo
Shop Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment