Okay all 2 people who read this blog (including me). As you will recall, when I started this blog I mentioned that I have had to make some creative maneuvers in the past in order to hide my shopping from my husband. Well, lately I have started to agree that my spending is slightly out of control and I need to be a little more careful. However, I knew that going totally cold turkey was never going to be an option for me. For the past 2 years I have been putting away a little bit from every paycheck just to start saving a little bit of "rainy day" money . Now I am not talking about a large sum, I put aside $30 from every paycheck, $60 a month. Over the months, this adds up and I have a nice little nest egg to buy some clothes with the change of the seasons. My husband has known that I save this money for the past 2 years. But he just realized that I actually use it to shop. He says I am selfish, that it is OUR money and should be going to our bills. I think he is upset because I had managed to save up almost $900 and he couldnt get his hands on it. Am I wrong to think this is a totally legitimate thing for me to do? Or am I selfish? Please let me know what you think because I really dont think anything is wrong with this and have decided not to speak to my husband again until he apologizes for being a total butthead. Am I the butthead?
xoxo
Shopgirl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment